Personal data we may collect from you
Personal data refers to any information about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person. This includes information and details such as your name, home address or other postal address, telephone number and also your e-mail address.
Unless otherwise specified, we may obtain the following data from you (including via devices used by you):
- Device information;
- Contact details;
- Transaction information.
The information about you will only be gathered while you are on the website and we can monitor how you will arrive at the website but will not gather information about other third-party sites you have visited.
Your data are handled according to the following legal provisions:
- With regard to data communicated in forms: with your consent - Art. 6(1) (a) GDPR;
- With regard to services you use: for the purpose of performance of a contract - Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR;
When handling your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- To improve the content and general administration of the website and our services;
- To protect against misuse;
- To understand our visitors.
We will keep your data:
- If you have consented to use as part of processing until such time as you withdraw your consent;
- If we need your personal data data to undertake an agreement we will keep it until such time as the contractual relationship with you ceases or legal retention periods expire;
- If we use your personal data data on the basis of a legitimate interest until such time as your overriding interest obliges us to delete the data or anonymise it.
Purposes of use
Personal data will only be collected by us to the extent and for the purpose for which you provide the data to us; for example to enable you to register to use our services or to contact you to deliver certain services you have requested.
We use and store your personal data as part of our services for the following purposes only if you have provided us with your express consent:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you such as important changes to this website, new services or changes to existing services and special offers we think you will find valuable;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- To improve the content and general administration of the website and our services.
Sharing the data with third parties
We use your personal data within the company and forward it to those companies that are involved in performing the contracts concluded with you or otherwise involved in providing the relevant service. Otherwise, your personal data will not be forwarded to third parties unless:
- You have given your express consent;
- We are obliged to disclose it, for example, at the direction of a court or administrative authority;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- The data is disclosed to any member of our group which means any company or partnership which is wholly or partially owned by Brandstock Services AG and any subsidiary or any partnership of which such company is a partner;
We may share your personal data with third party service providers in order for them to provide their services such as analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. As such, the terms and privacy policies of these service providers may apply to you as well, in particular: HubSpot, Salesforce and Eventbrite.
Cookies and IP addresses
Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your PC in a directory designated specifically for this purpose. These cookies can be used e.g. to find out whether you have already visited a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. Nevertheless, you can change the settings in your browser, so that no cookies can be stored or so that your explicit agreement is required before any cookies are stored. You can also delete previously set cookies at any time. Please note that disabling cookies may result in your use of our website or certain parts of it being restricted.
We may collect information about your computer or device including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and may also identify any individuals and be considered Personal Data based on whether it is combined with account data you provide to us.
We need cookies for the following purposes:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise this website according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches;
- To recognise you when you return to this website.
You can prevent cookies being stored on your hard disk by selecting the browser setting “Block cookies”.
Like majority of website operators, we use analytical tools in the form of tracking software to ascertain the number of users using our website and how frequently they visit us.
To enable us to optimise our website and our service, we use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses what are known as “cookies”: these are text files stored on your computer and used to analyse your website usage. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, within member states of the European Union, or in other states that are party to the agreement on the European Economic Area Google first abbreviates your IP address. The full IP address will only be transmitted in exceptional circumstances to one of Google's servers in the USA, where it will then be abbreviated. Google will use this information on behalf of our website operator to analyse your use of the website in order to compile reports about website activities for the website operator and to perform other services connected with the use of the website and of the Internet. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged or combined with other data by Google. You can prevent cookies from being stored by applying the appropriate settings in your browser software; please note, however, that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their full extent.
You may also prevent Google from collecting data generated by the cookie referring to your website usage (including your IP address), and from processing these data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available from the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. As an alternative to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on this link to prevent Google Analytics from collecting data in this website in future (the opt-out only works in this browser, and only for this domain). This stores an opt-out cookie on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you need to click on this link again. Further information is available at www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection).
We have taken extensive technical and organisational measures to secure your data against potential risks, such as unauthorised login or access, unauthorised perusal, amendment or distribution, as well as against loss, deletion or misuse.
Given the global nature of our company, the personal data we collect from you will be transferred to and stored in different locations around the world. This means that, if you reside inside the European Union, your personal data may be transferred to locations outside the European Union, and vice versa. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have provided you with or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share your password with anyone.
Where we establish that a transfer of personal data to a third country is required we will determine whether that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
If you would rather not receive any further information from us, please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contact us" section below and ask to be removed from our mailing lists.
Subject to certain provisions, you have the following general rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to request information about whether and which personal data is processed by our company. You also have the right to demand that your personal data is rectified or amended.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data should be deleted.
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data should be restricted.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing and use of your data completely or partially at any time with future application.
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format.
- If you have any questions, comments, complaints or requests in connection with our statement on data protection and the processing of your personal data, you can also contact our data protection officer in detail.
- You also have the right to complain to the responsible supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is in violation of the legislation.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contact us" section below.
We are happy to help and encourage you to contact us first to resolve your complaint. Please contact us with any questions or comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have appointed ePrivacy GmbH, Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg, Germany as our Data Protection Officer and you can contact them directly at: email@example.com
Copyright © 2018, Brandstock. All rights reserved.